After much delay, the Federal Government has finally released the following:
- 427 page “notice of proposed rule-making” from CMS covering Accountable Care Organizations (ACO) and the associated Medicare Shared Savings Program
- 26 page document regarding the “waiver designs” for the Shared Savings programs and the Innovation Center
- A short “perspective” piece in the New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM) by Dr. Berwick
- 20 page document from Federal Trade Commission (FTC) regarding their proposed Antitrust Enforcement Policy Regarding ACOs in the Medicare Shared Savings Program
- 10 page document from Internal Revenue Service (IRS) regarding guidance for tax-exempt organizations that participate in ACOs
Looks like it will be a long weekend curled up with some long documents!