- How government surveillance of internet data relates to health care privacy and big data
- In the dust-up about “rebooting” the EHR meaningful use incentive program, “the Emperor has no clothes” has been the most interesting response.
- Physician-led ACOs now outnumber Hospital-based ACOs: Why this makes sense, and where our terminology breaks down.
- Beautiful video from Cleveland Clinic advocating empathy
- Compliance and Process Improvement are Opposites, no matter how hard you try to make compliance “meaningful”
- New HIT ROI lit review is a methodologic tour de force, but misses the point
- Big Data: A break-through, or just new terminology?
- Al Lewis calls workplace wellness programs “get well quick schemes”
- Conceptualizing “over-treatment” waste: Don’t deny health economics
- The race in on between triple-aimers and hospital defenders
- We’re up to 154 Medicare ACOs
- A Happy Day: Supreme Court upholds health care reform law granting broad access through mostly free-market mechanisms, and I am $1 richer
- Looking back over the last 200 years, noticing progress to get energy to keep moving forward
- Simon Sinek’s TED talk: Change minds by starting with why, not what
- Don’t pave the cow paths: The challenge of re-conceptualizing health care processes
- If the mandate is a tax, it becomes constitutional. The politically inconvenient argument could provide a way out for the Supreme Court.
- Trinity Health and BCBSM sign contract to invest in infrastructure for clinical integration and population management
- Time for change in education
- Is current low trend in health care cost growth due only to recession? Ken Kaufman suggests that 5 other factors may be contributing.
- Of 27 new ACOs named by CMS: 93% avoid downside risk, 82% avoid CMS loans, 33% use payer-based infrastructure, and average beneficiaries per physician is 106
- Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) (53)
- Affordable Care Act (3)
- Bibliography (8)
- Clinical Process Improvement (26)
- Dr. Ward's Health Care Heroes (2)
- Dr. Ward's Methods Notes (11)
- Evaluation Methods (28)
- Health Information Technology (20)
- Modeling Methods (21)
- Uncategorized (4)